National Integrity Action welcomes applications for persons to be Integrity Advocates from any individual or entity that supports our VISION, MISSION and VALUES.
A Jamaica where government, businesses, civil society and the people manifest integrity in their conduct, are held accountable and apply proper sanctions for corrupt activities.
To combat corruption and build integrity in Jamaica through the persistent promotion of transparency, accountability in the conduct of government, businesses and the wider society.
NIA promotes and endorses the following values through its mandate, policies and work as the basis for inspiring integrity, anti-corruption action and activities towards a corrupt-free Jamaica:
The state of being free from deceit and characterized by visibility or accessibility of information especially concerning the practices of government and businesses. NIA is committed to transparency in the public, private, and non-governmental sectors.
The state of being answerable, especially the obligation or willingness to accept responsibility for one’s conduct or action. NIA exists to promote greater accountability in government, business, and the wider society.
The quality of being honest and morally upright. The objects and work of NIA is in observation of this standard.
Neutrality and non-partisanship
Tolerant of multiple worldviews.
Rights of Integrity Advocates
As Integrity Advocates, National Integrity Action will provide you with the support your advocacy through:
- Providing information, research and suggested approaches that can help to guide you in your advocacy
- Informing you of activities and advocacies being carried out by the organization and others on issues related to integrity, public governance or anti-corruption
- Receive support wherever possible, from the organisation in undertaking initiatives to promote the mission and values of the organisation
- Seeking, on your behalf, support that can aid in your advocacy
Activities of Integrity Advocates
Each Integrity Advocate associated with National Integrity Action can partner with us to:
- Promote the vision, mission and values of transparency, accountability and integrity in whatever way appropriate to the particular member’s situation – in their community, profession and social institutions.
- Learn, wherever possible from training programmes offered by the organisation or its partners
- Advance in whatever way appropriate the public awareness and advocacy campaigns in furtherance of its mission